Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sawatdee-ka!!!!

That's "greetings/hello" in Thai (from a woman). I just got back from my winter vacation in Thailand. I went with a few teacher friends from SoKo. Here is a link to see my pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Caroline/Teacher/World Traveler!....I should officially be on your 'best friend' list now...Just finished watching all 362 vacation pictures! They were awesome! I especially enjoyed the mountain pics...and the temples in Thailand were beautiful!....I do have a counple of concerns though...Was that a 'stripper pole' that little girl was standing by? I'm sure there has to be a good explanation for that..I hope!...and also, I noticed that the little green bucket that you were drinking out of in one picture looked just like the little green bucket in the 'restroom' a few pictures prior!..Leave it to me to notice that!...Seriously though, you took some great shots and they were very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing!....Pray for you daily! Love ya, 'Miss Sally' as you've always called me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey "Miss Sally"... I can't believe you managed to look at all the pictures. You get a gold star!!! I actually took around 600 pictures, but narrowed them down to the 300+ that you saw. I would have put captions on them, but there were just too many. I may slowly go back and caption them all... I'll let you know when/if I do. To answer your question... Yes. That was indeed a stripper pole and that was indeed a toddler being taught how to dance on it. Her mother was showing her moves. You should have seen the look on all of the foreigners' faces. We were all in shock. And the little green bucket was NOT the same bucket from the bathroom. haha. I was on Phi Phi Island and most drinks are served in buckets. Thankfully, different buckets are used in the bathrooms. Good to hear from you.... Thinking of you guys. Give hugs to the family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete