Thursday, August 27, 2009

The next move... BUSAN!

This will most likely be my last post for a bit. I'm moving to Busan tomorrow morning!!! I leave Jeonju around 1030am. I'll be on a bus with my fellow Busan-bound EPIK teachers and will be dropped off with my head co-teacher once there. Our co-teacher is the person assigned to each teacher to help get us acclimated and get us to our apartments. All of us are spread out all over the city. I'm going to be in central Busan in Yeonje-gu. From what I've heard, it's a mostly residential area, about 5 minutes from downtown and 10 from Haeundae Beach! It sounds like a nice area for me. I'll be teaching at Yonsin Elementary school, most likely the 3rd-6th graders. The last few days of orientation have been packed and busy. I'm looking forward to getting settled in Busan! I won't have internet connection in my apartment right away, so I may not have the time to post for a bit. I'll keep you all updated as much as possible.
I'll leave you guys with a few pictures...

We had a large farewell banquet... and lots of very fresh fish. I didn't taste the fish below, but I DID taste acorn jelly. I now know not to eat acorn jelly again. ha. It wasn't a gross taste, but certainly not a pleasant texture. I promise at some point I'll dedicate a post to the cuisine.

Here's the acorn jelly.


Here's a picture with Yumi. She's a member of the EPIK staff and was one of my group leaders. I adore Yumi!


This is a picture of my orientation roommate, Susan. She's from Kentucky! We had a lot of fun. She's going to Gyeongbuk province, but we're making plans to visit each other.


Just a pretty, rainy day in Jeonju. This is a sidewalk in front of the dorm.


Will post more asap...
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. It is so incredibly beautiful there! The pics are amazing and you look like you're having the time of your life, as I knew you would. I love you and miss you so very much! CARROTS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete