Monday, August 31, 2009

Not lost yet... and I emphasize the "yet"

I'm alive... still without internet connection for about 10 days. Will begin posting regularly when I get things going in my apartment. My apartment situation is temporary... I've been told in "one month" I will be shown a few apartments and will get to pick. My current apartment is on the 2nd floor and the first floor is a bar... so there's that. For the time being, I'm working on making friends with the bar owners. ha.

A friend of mine (Karen) lives a block away. She and I have been exploring our neighborhood. It's in one of the busiest sections of Busan. We are in Yeonje-gu. Our other EPIK friends call us "city girls", because their apartments are on the outskirts of the city. I was told initially that my area was a "quiet, mostly residential area" and that was very wrong. ha.

Everything from the washing machine to the subway has been a learning experience. I'll update with details when I have more time.

Miss and love you all...

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You're keeping your sense of humor. At least you'll be super appreciative when you finally get your next apartment. Thanks for keeping us up to date--we all love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baby sister! Sure sounds like you're having an adventure. Washing clothes in the shower works, but if you want a "Korean Washing Machine Tutorial," I believe Nancy could hook you up. I remember that was one of her first SK trials... Hope you're enjoying your temporary living arrangements above the bar. Could be fun, right? Love you.

    ReplyDelete